Please click here to access the full three-page document.
What is Necessary to Approve a Conditional Use Permit?
A Conditional Use Permit is acted on by the Planning Commission and involves a public hearing and compliance with the General Plan, Zoning Code, and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). In order for a review authority to approve a Minor or Major Conditional Use Permit, the authority must first make the following findings:
August 3, 2016 3
- The proposed use is allowed within the applicable zoning district and complies with all other applicable provisions of the Zoning Code and the City Code;
- The proposed use is consistent with the General Plan and any applicable specific plan;
- The design, location, size, and operating characteristics of the proposed activity would becompatible with the existing and future land uses in the vicinity;
- The site is physically suitable for the type, density, and intensity of use being proposed,including access, utilities, and the absence of physical constraints;
- Granting the permit would not constitute a nuisance or be injurious or detrimental to the publicinterest, health, safety, convenience, or welfare, or materially injurious to persons, property, or
improvements in the vicinity and zoning district in which the property is located; and
- The proposed project has been reviewed in compliance with the California EnvironmentalQuality Act (CEQA).
In addition to the above noted findings, a review authority may also require conditions of approval to address impacts associated with the proposed use.
What are the Application Fees?
The following are the application and related fees, valid through December 2016. Which fees apply will depend on the scope of the proposal and environmental review. These fees are required to be paid with the application. The City’s Fee Schedule can be accessed at this link: http://srcity.org/departments/communitydev/Pages/FeeSchedule.aspx
- Neighborhood Meeting – $914
- Conditional Use Permit
o Minor – $2,511
o Major – $10964
- Public Hearing – Planning Commission – $1,889
- Environmental Review
o Exemption (requires staff research and/or review of technical reports) – $769
o Initial Study & Mitigated/Negative Declaration (requires staff review of an environmental
consultant prepared document with technical studies) – $3,998 Zoning Clearance – No charge
For more information: http://srcity.org/departments/communitydev/boards/cannabis/Pages/default.aspx