Sonoma County 2019 Policy Goals
SCGA’s priority policies in 2019 are focused on these primary factors
- Support Sonoma County and the incorporated cities remaining aligned with current state legislation and regulations.
- Improve access to the regulated market for existing operators
- Support the success of permitted cannabis businesses throughout Sonoma County
- Allow Adult Use integration for all license types
- Increase land use applications across most license types
- Improve the definition of total cultivation area.
- Separate immature from mature plants in total canopy measurement
- Include Type 3 Mixed Light
- Allow personal nursery production as an inclusion of immature plant definition
- Include Processing permit
- Include Packaging permit
- Add a microbusiness license type
- Allow centralized processing on Ag Zoned properties (for operators to provide processing services to neighboring cultivators)
- Over produced clones from cultivation to be able to be sold to dispensaries.
- Include Type 7 permit
- Include Infusion (Type N) permit and Packaging & Labeling permit
- Include a Distro-Transport permit
- Include a Self-Distribution permit
- Access to Adult Use
- Onsite consumption
- Allow non storefront delivery permits without the brick and mortar requirement.
- Develop event permits
- Single day retail event license for supply chain operators (cultivators, manufacturers, etc)
- Develop pathways for safe consumption by visitors to Sonoma.