SCGA’s priority policies in 2020 are focused on these primary factors:
- Engage with & educate the local community on regulated cannabis.
- Host mixers, monthly educational workshops and provide resources specific for cultivators.
- Continue to advocate for a lower barrier to entry for farmers & less restrictive ordinance.
- Continued grassroots support for members (turning out support at hearings/events/BOS/etc).
- Support the SRJC Cannabis Apprenticeship Program.
- Work with the Appellations Origin Council to advocate for and develop an appellation system for cannabis in Sonoma County
SCGA Highlights 2019
- SCGA Board and a group of industry members worked diligently to craft improvements and changes to the Sonoma County Cannabis Ordinance.
- Supported Sonoma County and the incorporated cities to remain aligned with current state legislation and regulations.
- Endeavored to improved access to the regulated market for existing operators.
- Supported the success of permitted cannabis businesses throughout Sonoma County.
- Supported the community at hearings, with calls to action, and advocated at the county level for our industry.
- Advocated for the practical establishment of sound rules for hemp production in the county.
Educational Accomplishments for 2019
- Monthly Networking Mixers
- CDFW & CA Water Board Cannabis Cultivation Permitting Workshop
- Introductions to Securities and Raising Capital
- Disruptive Innovation and the Cannabis Industry
- Trademarks in the Cannabis Industry
- Heavy Metals in Cannabis & Cannabis Products
- Prop 65 Compliance Workshop
- Packaging and Labeling 101
- CCTT System Using Metrc Workshop
- Build A Better Business: Canna Compliance Workshop
- Member Round Table: Focus on Hemp