What We Do
Sonoma County Growers Alliance is a community group organized to educate, collaborate and advocate for patient, cultivator and community rights and responsibilities.
SCGA works cooperatively with all individuals, businesses, and regulatory bodies to ensure that reasonable environmental, social and economic standards are set in place, helping cannabis operators within the community to participate and thrive responsibly.
Sonoma County Growers Alliance is focused on issues important to Sonoma County cannabis patients, businesses, and the overall community. It’s time to ensure equal participation within society, to raise a voice and support the changes underway.
The mission of the Sonoma County Growers Alliance is to both develop and preserve reasonable environmental, social, and economic standards in our community. We work cooperatively with all individuals, businesses and regulatory bodies to ensure that cultivators within the community participate and thrive responsibly.
SCGA brings together industry leaders from a variety of fields to educate cultivators, regulators and our community. Our diverse member base already includes cultivators, manufacturers, and labs, environmental, legal and service consultants, retailers, patients, dispensaries, and distributors.
The Sonoma County Growers Alliance was founded in March 2015 in response to the changes sweeping the cannabis industry.
In our four years as a grassroots nonprofit, we have:
• Engaged with local and state representatives to help guide and implement Sonoma County policy.
• Created working relationships with organizations across the state to facilitate an action network to expedite progress.
• Empowered our community to create the solutions that will transition cannabis operators into an exemplary regulated industry.
• Created informative workshops to educate both local operators and regulators on the best management practices for the cannabis industry.
• Produced monthly social mixers and events to engage our local businesses and stimulate the networking within our local economy.
SCGA Guiding Principles
Bring the commercial cannabis businesses into the light
Work cooperatively with all individuals, businesses, and officials
Small farmers, small business, caregiver collectives
Responsible cultivation practices
Responsible economic participation
Fair Distribution of Rights
Facilitate the responsible growth of large businesses/dispensaries as well as small farmers.
Account for our activities, accept responsibility, disclose results in transparent manner.
Make reasonable goals, and see to completion.
Social influence through intelligent, responsible action.
Support local coalitions, organizations and individuals; current progressive leaders.
Protect the Environment
Support current environmental standards set in place.
Develop standards specifically for cultivators, fair and firm.
Social Economic Responsibility and Rights
Initiate a strategy for cultivators to participate in paying taxes.