What We Do
Sonoma County Growers Alliance is a community group organized to educate, collaborate and advocate for patient, cultivator and community rights and responsibilities.
SCGA works cooperatively with all individuals, businesses, and regulatory bodies to ensure that reasonable environmental, social and economic standards are set in place, helping cultivators within the community to participate and thrive responsibly.
Sonoma County Growers Alliance is focused on issues important to Sonoma County cannabis patients, cultivators, and the overall community. It’s time to ensure equal participation within society, to raise a voice and support the changes underway.
The mission of the Sonoma County Growers Alliance is to both develop and preserve reasonable environmental, social, and economic standards in our community. We work cooperatively with all individuals, businesses and regulatory bodies to ensure that cultivators within the community participate and thrive responsibly.
SCGA brings together industry leaders from a variety of fields to educate cultivators, regulators and our community. Our diverse member base already includes cultivators, manufacturers and labs, environmental, legal and service consultants, retailers, patients, dispensaries and distributors.
The Sonoma County Growers Alliance was founded in March 2015 in response to the changes sweeping our industry.
In just one year, we have:
- Created informative twice-monthly workshops to educate both local operators and regulators on the best management practices for the cannabis industry.
- Produced monthly social mixers to engage our local businesses and stimulate the networking within our local economy.
- Engaged with local and state representatives to help guide and implement fair policy.
- Created working relationships with organizations across the state to facilitate an action network to expedite progress.
- Empowered our community to create the solutions that will transition cannabis operators into an exemplary regulated industry.